Friday 20 December 2013

What I made yesterday

So yesterday was my first day of cooking from the bag.

Breakfast was not from the bag, I made the Oat Bran-Applesauce muffins from Veganomicon. Those were tasty.

For lunch I used up some carrots that I had previously bought in a Curry Coconut Carrot Soup, recipe at the bottom.

I also made the Cranberry Orange Nut Loaf, also from Vcon. So good. That used up 2 oranges and 1/2 the cranberries.

For dinner I had Greens with Pinto Beans. Very tasty.

Now for the recipe.

Curry Coconut Carrot Soup

4-6 servings
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cups carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 boullion cube
  • 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • Garam Masala as garnish
Preheat a soup pot over medium heat, add oil and sautee onions with a little salt until soft. Add carrots, water, boullion and curry powder. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes, until carrots are soft.

Using an immersion blender, puree the soup off the heat until smooth, be careful of splatters. Add coconut milk and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, sprinkled with garam masala.



Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment